Another summer has come and gone and again I have found myself picking up my life and moving to a different part of the world. This time to Dornbirn, Austria. I have now been here for a week … and one day. Between the jet lag and catching a cold, I haven’t done much exploring. Hopefully that will change in the next couple days, as Andrew is gone and I have nothing better to do than wander around aimlessly and figure out how to navigate this city. So far it hasn’t been completely uneventful. Here are some of the things I have done this past week:
– Traveled for the first time (on a plane) with the dog … success!
– Went to my first (and second) hockey games of the season
– Witnessed Andrew scoring a hat trick for the second time (in my lifetime, not his)
– Learned how to drive a manual transmission … another success!
– Learned how to say hello, good-bye, and thank you in German … hoping the rest will come just as easy.
Hopefully this year will have just as many adventures and stories … More to come!